Topic: Blue dots while playing?

I read an iShred review somewhere that said you can save the AirPlay tracks and play them back later and learn from the blue dots. I have a bunch of them saved to a playlist but don't see any option to play them back with the "blue dots" activated?

Re: Blue dots while playing?

Hi Bill,

Easy as pie: go to the settings and turn on the "Animate Playback" option. You'll then see the buttons change and blue dots per-string during song playback.

Enjoy!

-Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I have the blue dots enabled but I guess the part I can't find is where to "play back" the songs I save from AirPlay to my playlist.

Ah, I can help with that.

When you save a song from AirPlay it typically ends up at the end of your playlist. So either go into the playlist screen to select it (make it the current song) or from the main screen hit the right arrow until you reach that song. You should see a little "tape reel" type of icon next to the song name indicating that it has a sequence.

Now tap the menu button in the lower right corner and from the popup choose 'Recorder.' A transport control window pops up along the bottom of the screen and if you hit the green "play" button it should disappear and the AirPlay song will start to play, with blue dots and all.

When the song is done  hit the stop (green) button in the bottom middle of screen. The recorder/transport panel pops up again and you can hit the RTZ (return to zero) button (between ERASE and M buttons on the left) to go back to the beginning of the song.

Hope that helps.

-Jerry

Great Jerry! Thanks very much.