Topic: How to press two Frets at the same time?

I have set on fret on one button. Now how to press two frets example fret 10 and fret 11 at the same time. I cant press the two buttons at the same time bcz the app dosen't support it. Moreover how to play a hammer? Plz help?

Re: How to press two Frets at the same time?

Hi BilalBhatti,

I would love to help, and have read your post a few times, but so far cannot figure out exactly what problem you are hitting. Sorry. Can you try again describing what you are trying to do?

E- |-3----5------------2-----------------7--------|
B- |-5----5------------3-----------------5--------|
G- |-4----6------------2-----------------6--------|
D- |----------------------------------------------|
A- |----------------------------------------------|
E- |----------------------------------------------|

Well you can see i need to pluck strings E, B and G at the same time on fret 3, 5 and 4 respectively. How to play the above song using your app?

Last edited by BilalBhatti (2010-07-25 09:35:28)

If I understand you correctly you'd program a button as Fret 2. This means the top fret is 2, the second is 3, and so forth down to the sixth fret.

Then you'd tap the E B G strings on the appropriate frets (i.e. 2nd on E, 4th on B, 3rd on G for your first part). You could play the first three combos in this manner, and then you'd need a different Fret button (Fret 5) to play the last one.

Regarding your hammer question, here's a snippet from the  Shortcuts, tips, and tricks section of Guitar's help:

"hammer-on" and "pull-off" by holding one finger on a lower fret of a string while tapping and releasing another finger on a higher fret of the same string.

When I see your tab there, I would perform that using some custom chords programmed for those frets on those strings.

And one other note on hammer-ons .. that text from fargo does accurately describe how to do it, but I should also mention that it applies when you are showing a fretboard, scale, or chromatic scale.