Topic: Suggestion: hand muted playback

HI

I really love the app!

All I'm really missing is a way to get a nice  hand muted string sound to produce that 'chugging' sound I like!

I know it might need more samples... but hey it would add a lot of expressive possibilities.

May I suggest the hand mute be triggerred by a tilt of the iPod? (letting already playing strings ring out of course).

Hope it's possible!

Best

Lee

Re: Suggestion: hand muted playback

Hi Lee,

Interesting approach, I'll pass it along to the devs.  Thanks again for all of the great feedback and glad you are loving the app(s)!

-Jerry

Palm muting would be awesome, and is definitely a must for certain styles of playing.. 

but I think control could be made even more simple by making strumming nearer the bridge palm-muted and near the neck, kind of like the strum volume works now

This could just be another toggle, like the chord lock button.

Nice ideas, guys. Thanks.

I will admit that we had one aborted attempt at providing palm-muted sounds. A big challenge was capturing a set of sounds that would work well in many situations. There are a huge spectrum of sounds you can get with palm mutes ... different durations and amounts of tone. Still, these ideas may help us attack it again.

A chord button have a preference that can be use in two way :
On/off or switch ...
It can do more : imagine a cross on chord button.
directions on this cross can be use :
- Left/right to bend.
- up/down for pression and ... for mutted string !
In this case we don't have first to introduce new sound samples. It can be effective immediately as a new 3rd preference.

Last edited by ovea (2010-08-14 13:03:34)

I second buzzToronto's idea about being able to switch the function of strumming position from volume to degree-of-muting. That would be fantastic, and the only major thing keeping me from using iShred instead of a real guitar on a real song.

One other nicety would be a setting for doing whammy-bar dips by tilting the phone, like you can currently control the wah.

Very, very awesome app.

Thanks for the feedback. We do read and think on them all, even if we don't/can't act on them all. Very helpful, though.