Topic: Entering triplets and Cutting and Pasting measures

Fantastic new iphone app. I've had it less than 24 hours, but the interface is very intuitive and I am already sequencing in songs. I wondered if I missed instructions on how to enter triplets into a 4 beat measure? Also is there a way to cut and paste entire measures at a time?

Thanks for creating a serious portable music station that I can carry around on my iphone.

Re: Entering triplets and Cutting and Pasting measures

Hi MPolo,

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it! To enter triplets in a phrase, go to the phrase Settings screen (not the song Settings screen) and set the "Beat Subdivisions (Quantization)" to "3" or "6". You should now be able to enter triplets.

Currently there is no way to cut and paste entire measures in a phrase. (Request duly noted.) In some cases it may help that you can copy and paste entire phrase buttons, and then modify them.

Any other questions or requests?

The subdivision of 6 doesn't let me enter sixteenth note runs along with triplets. I need a subdivision of 12 to do this. A subdivision of twelve would also help me simulate grace notes.

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, you would need 12 subdivisions for that ... OR you would set up the triplets with 3 subdivisions and then change the subdivisions to 4 and then enter the sixteenth notes (leaving the triplets unaffected) ... OR you could just set the subdivisions to None and carefully place your notes. I've used a subdivision of None to set grace notes before. I thought it gave me plenty of adjustment resolution, but your mileage may vary.  :-)

Last edited by CharlieH (2009-08-01 06:51:29)

Great information! I will give those techniques a try this weekend. Thanks again for your expert knowledge.