“All I can say is “WOW!” ... AlphaTrack is what I’ve been dreaming of.”
Francesco Bonifazi – The Jazz Whistler
- Optimized for fast, high-quality DAW mixing and editing in a small footprint
- Intuitive, innovative, and powerful controls in an attractive package
- 100mm touch-sensitive, high-resolution (true 10-bit positions) motorized fader
- Three touch-sensitive encoders ... context-specific feedback appears on the 32-character backlit display
- Innovative touch-sensitive jog and shuttle strip for fast timeline control
- 22 buttons and 21 LED's for track-specific and global functions
- Works with Pro Tools®, Sonar, Cubase®, Reason, Digital Performer®, Nuendo®, and other DAW software applications
- Works on Windows XP and Mac OS X computers (Mac OS 10.3.9 or later), including Intel Macs
- Footswitch input on back panel
- No external power adapter required ... single USB connection and small size make it great for laptops!
Frontier Design Groups AlphaTrack combines a set of intuitive tactile controls in a compact and attractive package. Ride a high-resolution fader, turn real knobs, scroll and shuttle with the touch of your fingers, all with a control surface that fits your desktop and the way you work. AlphaTrack lets you work more productively and creatively without giving up a lot of desktop space.
AlphaTrack includes a 100mm, touch-sensitive, motorized fader which provides true 10-bit resolution for smooth and precise level control. AlphaTrack also has three touch-sensitive encoders, a feature previously found only on high-end gear costing thousands of dollars. These let you adjust track and plug-in parameters while the 32-character backlit display shows detailed feedback in response to your touch. The encoders provide quick control of pans, sends, EQ, plug-ins, and automation.
One of AlphaTracks greatest innovations is its touch-sensitive jog and shuttle strip. Slide one finger across its surface and your projects timeline scrolls in response. Drop a second finger onto the strip, and now your fingers control the timelines shuttle speed. Zoom through your project with two fingers, then just lift one finger and slide to quickly set the precise position you want. And you can also just tap on the left or right ends of the strip to navigate through your projects markers!
AlphaTrack also has a set of 22 buttons and 21 LEDs, including standard transport controls, per track record, solo, mute, and automation indication, and encoder mode control. When supported by the computer application, a set of buttons can also be customized with user-programmable functions.
AlphaTrack connects to your computer using just a single USB cable. This makes it quite portable, easy to connect, and compatible with laptops since no additional power supply is needed. AlphaTracks backpanel also includes a footswitch jack for easy punch-in recording.
AlphaTrack works on Windows XP and Mac OS X (including Intel Macs) with applications such as Pro Tools, SONAR, Reason, Cubase SX/SL, and Nuendo. Support for more applications will be added regularly.
AlphaTrack is a trademark of Frontier Design Group. Pro Tools is a registered trademark of Avid Technology, Inc. Cubase is a registered trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH. Digital Performer is a registered trademark of Mark of the Unicorn Inc. Sonar is a trademark of Twelve Tone Systems, Inc.