“As a drummer with a studio, this is going to make a dramatic improvement in how I work. Setup was easy. I LOVE THIS THING!”
Tim Suliman, using ProTools LE
- Wireless DAW control: operate your computer-based digital audio workstation from anywhere in your studio
- Compatible with Mac® and Windows®
- Supports Pro Tools®, Logic®, Cubase®, Digital Performer®, Sonar and other DAW software applications
- Two-way interface: get timecode position, track name/number, track volume, pan settings and more via backlit LCD display and LED indicators
- Uses high-frequency RF technology: no wires or line-of-sight required, and no added interference
- Dedicated buttons for often-used functions, including transport controls, marker/locate buttons, track control (level, pan, solo, mute, record arm) and more
- Operates on AA batteries
- Small, lightweight design
- Footswitch input
- Microphone stand mount, custom padded carrying bag, and standard footswitch are available from the on-line store
TranzPort and iTunes
So you’ve finished recording for the day and now you just want to step away from the computer, kick back, and listen to music for a while; or maybe you’re having friends over for a cookout and need a way to spin your favorite party tunes from the back deck. The solution is the same either way. TranzPort, by Frontier Design Group, now offers comprehensive remote control over iTunes. That’s right, now you can play your Red Hot Chili Peppers and grill ‘em at the same time.
Whether you’re practicing, performing, or just relaxing, you’ll appreciate being able to use TranzPort to control iTunes. By selecting the iTunes operating mode from the TranzPort task bar icon (PC) or TranzPort Manager (Mac), the TranzPort will allow you to launch and control iTunes from anywhere within the TranzPort’s radio range.
In addition to basic Play, Stop, and Volume controls, with TranzPort you can select tracks, navigate your iTunes library by artist, album, or song title, add songs to specific playlists, and control shuffle and repeat modes. You can even use the TranzPort in Cue mode to trigger backup tracks from a footswitch or TranzPort button in a live performance environment. You can also set the Start and Stop times of a song and enable looping. This lets you practice with a section of a song, so you can learn a new tune or transcribe that killer solo.
The 2×20 character LCD display and seven LEDs give you the status of the current song, let you choose another playlist, or look through your library for the next song to play. Pass it around and get everyone in on the fun. Hey, you can’t work all the time!
There are 2 PDF documents created specifically for iTunes users on the Frontier Design Group website and the TranzPort CD-ROM. The first, iTunes and TranzPort (174KB PDF), is a guide to using TranzPort with iTunes. It contains detailed instructions for configuring the TranzPort, as well as information on how to use all of its features. A quick reference chart listing the control set for iTunes is found in this useful document.
The second file, iTunes Layout (65KB PDF), is a single page picture of the TranzPort with overlaid text summarizing the iTunes feature set. It may be helpful to print this file and have it handy as a quick reference guide.
We encourage visitors to our user forums to post their comments and questions. Other users often have useful ideas and experiences to share, and we monitor the posts to provide additional input.
Below are other TranzPort related links that may be useful: